In the context of global market volatility, how can Africa build resilience into its financial markets?
Dimensions to be addressed:
– Mitigating adverse effects of currency depreciation – Connecting regional payment systems.
– Diversifying sources of capital.
· Miguel Azevedo, Head, Investment Banking Africa, Citi, United Kingdom.
· Bob Diamond, Founder and Chief Executive Officer, Atlas Merchant Capital, USA.
· Pravin Gordhan, Minister of Finance of South Africa.
· Benno Ndulu, Governor of the Bank of Tanzania.
· Oscar Onyema, Chief Executive Officer, Nigerian Stock Exchange (NSE), Nigeria.
· Hendrik du Toit, Chief Executive Officer, Investec Asset Management, United Kingdom.
Moderated by Donna Oosthuyse, Director, Capital Markets, JSE, South Africa.
Africa 2016 – Building Financial Market Resilience